Sunday, May 8, 2011

Babies...Remodeling...Planting

Wow, I apparently have lost a little track of time since I posted last!

So much has been going on that I guess I got lazy! Where to start??

Babies- We found out in November that we were expecting bundle of Joy #4. It was not a surprise as we had been trying but it sure was a happy day for us. I am now 30 weeks along and am growing another giant mcmahon baby. Hard to believe that we are so close to the end already. We know that it is a boy and we have named him Gabriel Christopher...We will call him gabe. Little Bro is getting very excited to now become a big brother and as he told me the other day, my tummy is getting big so Gabe needs to come out soon. :)

We had a busy holiday season with lots of family time and I got to turn another year older so that is always a good thing. In February Jeff and I went on a Cruise to the Bahamas....It was wonderful, Jeff is not a water person and so he was prepared for a boring vacation, but even he had a wonderful time. Beautiful islands, lots of sun, super fun tours, and the cruise had the most AMAZING food and staff...We had such a good time it was had to leave!

Remodeling- March brought around the start of the remodel of our second floor. We took our 100 year old farmhouse and gutted the second floor down to the studs...Wow what an adventure it has been. We had 10 kids with sledgehammers taking out walls, our whole house was shaking, but we are now 8 weeks later and we just got the walls completely back up and painted. Monday will bring new closets and doors and window trim. Thursday will bring new carpet, and Saturday new bathroom floors...But regardless the kids will be able to move into their rooms Friday and Saturday. They are all sooooo excited (me too!!)

Spring has sprung around the farm and Jeff has finally been able to get into the field a bit to plant, so that is good. But it can stop raining any time now and stay dry for about 2 weeks so we can get caught up to where we need to be.

Oh and if all that wasn't busy enough, we added a new dog to the family at the end of January. Big Sis fell in love with a puppy, and I am a wimp and let her get it, so we have a new daschund puppy named pepper as part of our family. She is the cutest little thing, but we are still struggling with potty training :(

So busy busy as usual at the McMahon Farm....I promise I won't let the blog go this long without another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment