Monday, July 5, 2010

Home at Last







Here are some pictures from the lake...many more on FB but these are cute so thought I would share. I have always thought it was a little crazy how both for Jeff and I , going places is so much fun, but it is always just as fun to come home to our own house. We got back mid-afternoon from the lake and it was obvious to everyone that we were all really glad to be home. Big Bro and Big Sis disappeared upstairs to their space, Lil Bro spent most of the evening listening to his favorite movies and playing with his cars and tractors on the floor, and Jeff and I just relaxed.

Crops are looking decent, all jeff's hard work of spraying for weeds has helped clean up our fields nicely, and all of our wheat is headed out and some of the fields are already starting to turn from Green to Gold...that means harvest isn't too far away!

We had a great 4th of July at the lake, lots of swimming, tubing, paddleboating and sun! Lots of Good Food and family, couldn't have asked for nicer weather...well there was the 5 inches of rain on Saturday night, but we were snug in the camper so it didn't really bother us that much.

Got home and I am getting flowers on my tomato plants, and my corn is now knee high, my radishes are the size of big marbles, so that looks promising...oh and my blueberries are starting to turn blue on the tree...Little Bro is VERY excited about that.
Can't wait to see what we actually harvest from it.



No comments:

Post a Comment