Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer=Crazy

In our house nice weather equals craziness!! When the sun is shining that means that Daddy is absent and working hard, which means mommy is working hard as well making sure things are running smooth...not always and easy task with 3 kids, 8 animals, one ramshackle farm house, and a hired man. :) Some days I have time to sit and actually talk to my friends via email, and maybe read a chapter or two of a book, and there are days I am lucky if I get 5 minutes to go to the bathroom myself!

The last week has been action packed. Lots of yard work.. Got our lawn mowed again this week, which is no small accomplishment, it takes about 3 hours to get it all done on the rider, got my flower beds weeded again, and got a few more veggies planted in my garden and got that weeded as well. The garden and I are still in that hate/hate state...It still wants to grow grass and I want it to grow vegetables.

Got to spend some time with just the boys hanging out as Big Sis was gone visiting family. It is always interesting being the only female in a house full of boys!

Tomorrow am we are getting up early, packing up and hopefully going to be on the road by 10am to the lake. My inlaws have a camper across the road from my Aunt in laws cabin at a resort, and the kids and I love spending time there, we never seem to get there as much as we want, but try to make the most of the time we get there. Hope everyone has a great 4th of July and hope you all stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment